Ten Things About Us That Might Surprise You
- We welcome each person just as they are, especially those who haven’t always felt accepted.
- We aren’t afraid of science—or silence.
- We celebrate questions, confident that God isn’t put off by our doubts and uncertainties.
- We don’t agree on everything–and that’s a good thing.
- We mean it when we pray “on earth as it is in heaven,” and know this calls us to create a more just and generous world.
- We take the Bible seriously but rarely literally.
- We care deeply about our planet and try to make mindful choices about what we eat and buy—and know we can always do better.
- We love to laugh—especially in worship.
- We are committed to supporting each person’s unique journey of faith.
- We appreciate our tradition but aren’t married to it. God is forever doing new things.